HIGH: Port Windurst Airship

Found A Bug?
LittleTaru

HIGH: Port Windurst Airship

Post by LittleTaru » Mon Aug 14, 2017 11:09 pm

Everytime i attempt to take the airship from port Windurst to Jeuno the following happens.
1) Purchase ticket
2) board ship and wait
3) airship departs - my character and the waiting room of the ship do NOT take off but remain in the waters in Port Windurst.
description: I am able to see the water through a square.. i can run to teh square and exit the room and walk on water. If i turn my character around, I can see the dock at Port Windurst and if i turn 90 degrees more i can see the square box that is the room you go to when the airship departs. I can run around on top of the water and i can run in and out of the airship room. I can not run back onto the dock and I never arrive in Jueno. The only way for me to exit this scenerio is to warp out. I have not yet successfully taken an airship from Windy to Jueno, though I have taken the Kazaam airship with no problem and i have taken an airship OUT of Jeuno.

Crasy

Airship bug, low priority

Post by Crasy » Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:47 pm

Not sure if this affect anything at all, but when airship is not at dock, you can stil walk inside it, only visible part is the room shown on pic, otherwise free to walk around in there.

Clothcraft: 98+2
Goldsmithing: 97+2

Indelacio

Re: Airship bug, low priority

Post by Indelacio » Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:00 am

I've been on the airship and the background resets to take off about 1 min away from landing. Doesn't affect gameplay but its noticeable.

Icon

Re: HIGH: Port Windurst Airship

Post by Icon » Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:00 pm

We started looking into the airship issues with them coming out of sync but this is a very annoying issue to try and fix. Essentially the timers are off by a fraction of a second or a few seconds and they stop working after a while. Debugging this takes forever... we don't have a great solution yet. As with everything else in the game airship transportation is controlled by packets and since our socket system will only bind to one client per IP playing more than one character from an IP can also exacerbate these issues.

We will post an update if we can figure the timings out or decide to make teleports.