People still even read Kotaku lol?
I have them in my RSS feed, so yeah.
Previously Gweivyth @ Nasomi.

Servo

Re: In recent news....

Post by Servo » Thu Nov 30, 2017 2:27 pm

Alexander wrote:
Wed Nov 29, 2017 8:26 pm
Seems like good press for Kupo. People will roll on Nasomi, see that it's a glitchy dumpster fire, and jump ship to here. Nice!
Back when I first joined at the first of the year, I found Nasomi on the web and joined them. Someone, forgot their name, mentioned about Kupo being new and already had fixed the death instant warp bug, and I was sold. Been here ever since.
Servo: 61 RDM | 58 WHM | 55 BST | 37 BLM
Angelic: 65 PLD | 37 WAR
11/28/2017

Chuck Master

Post by Chuck Master » Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:52 pm

I looked up many comparisons between this server and nosami or w/e before joining. So many people pointed out all the messed up stuff in the other server and how crazy far ahead a lot of players are. With so many advanced players I heard they already became all LEET and stuff, meaning they don’t invite people with weak gear or help new people at all. That’s why I joined here, back when I first started the game it was most similar to how this server is now and I’m enjoying it. The population on the other was tempting, but I would rather just invite all my friends to this server (already got a few) and help it grow.

Dante

Post by Dante » Thu Nov 30, 2017 7:11 pm

The population is growing here. The population differences between the servers don't really matter for anything aside the economy

Indelacio

Post by Indelacio » Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm

I think its a good thing if both servers do well, as a matter of course for the fans of the game. If by some chance SE is monitoring the server populations are Kupo, Nasomi, and other private era servers, they may see that creating various era servers may be in their best interest.

I see 2 legacy servers being possible.
1 - ToaU era server with all the pre existing content
2 - Pre-Abyssea lv75 cap server up to and including WotG

Personally if this does become a reality i hope they cap it at ToaU, but anything they do will be preferable to current retail.

jamiehavok

Post by jamiehavok » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:00 pm

Indelacio wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 5:43 pm
I think its a good thing if both servers do well, as a matter of course for the fans of the game. If by some chance SE is monitoring the server populations are Kupo, Nasomi, and other private era servers, they may see that creating various era servers may be in their best interest.

I see 2 legacy servers being possible.
1 - ToaU era server with all the pre existing content
2 - Pre-Abyssea lv75 cap server up to and including WotG

Personally if this does become a reality i hope they cap it at ToaU, but anything they do will be preferable to current retail.
yeah a toau server would be epic. A wotg server may be somewhat problematic because wotg wasn't actually finished until after the lvl cap started being raised and the reward for beating the missions was a lvl 90 earring. Not sure how hard the final mission battles were however but lvl 90s didnt seem to have much trouble according to the ffxiclopedia testimonials.

Dante

Post by Dante » Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm

I'd love a ToAU legacy server from SE, but from private servers, Idk. RoTZ and CoP still needs a lot of work as far as I know

Chuck Master

Post by Chuck Master » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Dante wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 3:37 pm
I'd love a ToAU legacy server from SE, but from private servers, Idk. RoTZ and CoP still needs a lot of work as far as I know
True that. ToAU were the best days I’ve ever had in this game. Corsair and blue (who cares about pup) were added and helped balance parties. I miss wrecking some colibri and doing toau missions. Unfortunately the biggest negative I think that came from toau was the separation of parties with BLM. No longer needed them for MB and the best exp mobs resisted black magic. So BLM just did mana burns instead. I hated that part of the expansion. But ya probably just for SE servers. I know private has a lot of problems with it, plus it would stretch the low population even more making everywhere feel way too empty.

Crasy

Post by Crasy » Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm

Chuck Master wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 pm
Dante wrote:
True that. ToAU were the best days I’ve ever had in this game. Corsair and blue (who cares about pup) were added and helped balance parties. I miss wrecking some colibri and doing toau missions. Unfortunately the biggest negative I think that came from toau was the separation of parties with BLM. No longer needed them for MB and the best exp mobs resisted black magic. So BLM just did mana burns instead. I hated that part of the expansion. But ya probably just for SE servers. I know private has a lot of problems with it, plus it would stretch the low population even more making everywhere feel way too empty.
To be fair, BLM is pretty much failing at exp pts in our era as well (I say this as a 75 blm). It can function as a healer due to conserve MP, but the dps it outputs really gets wrecked by any decent melee job in exp. BLM only really shines at endgame
Clothcraft: 98+2
Goldsmithing: 97+2

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Crasy wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:43 pm
Chuck Master wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:34 pm
Dante wrote:
To be fair, BLM is pretty much failing at exp pts in our era as well (I say this as a 75 blm). It can function as a healer due to conserve MP, but the dps it outputs really gets wrecked by any decent melee job in exp. BLM only really shines at endgame
Black Mage is the second best solo job in the game, only behind Red Mage. Seems fine to me.
Previously Gweivyth @ Nasomi.