Re: Mob TP; petition/plea/cry for help

Post by Mercy » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Elysien wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:17 pm
Cadant wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:55 pm
Treble wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:15 pm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4Mxj7g9OwI This video also has some combat from February of 2005, though I recommend muting your PC because this music is questionable.
My old Canadian friend Shykre... haha that's great. I wish expeditionary force worked :(
Scott wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:48 am
I don't think that I'm pulling this out of nothing but I do seem to recall that most mobs didn't use TP until they were at 300. I have no proof of that though. Just heard it off a JP player in my retail HNM shell. There may be something on the internet in Japanese if anyone can search and translate.
This is how I thought it worked too. Granted, I only remember it working this way through word of mouth from others as well. Once mobs got to 25% they would TP at 100 too.

Where is this mob TP spam happening? I haven't seen it happen in a party yet. The highest place I've partied at is Bibiki though
Above 25% HP enemies would use TP at random times, for example they could go off at 1500 / 2300 / 2500 / 3000, etc. If they reach 3000TP, they will then go immediately upon reaching that. The conditions for what determined them to go off at random values is unknown, even on retail, after all these years. If I had to guess, I'd say as soon as an enemy is engaged, a random TP value to go off is assigned to it, then another as soon as it uses the first, and so forth. There are quite a few other ways it may have been done, though.

Below 25%, they would go upon reaching 1000TP immediately. Just for reference in a party setting, a single Warrior alone, using the "Great Axe" weapon with a delay of 504 would be feeding an enemy 167 TP/hit, before any Subtle Blow. This calculation is true to retail, and now is here, too. That alone is quite a bit of TP, when you have 3-4 additional players meleeing it, enemies will gain TP very fast, not to mention generating their own TP via their own hits.

Something worth noting is all damaging spells, regardless of the damage, will feed approximately 100TP/cast. So, a Dia II dealing 4 damage will feed the same amount of TP as a Blizzard IV dealing 1,120 damage.
This is how I remember things working in regards to monster tp.