Economy Discussion

Anything FFXI Related
cheezcake

Re: Economy Discussion

Post by cheezcake » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:09 pm

Farm Items that sell well to the NPC. I did bird bloods in buburimu and flytrap leaf in carpenter's landing until level 55, and bought phalanx, dispel, erase, all of my spells, and gear.

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:24 pm

Icon wrote:
Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:39 pm
We would like to add a time limit to how long items can be listed on the AH. There are other issues to take into mind with this change though. Some players probably have near 1k items on the AH by now and your delivery box only has so many slots. It will take time but we will come up with a solution that we like and hopefully players will deem a good change as well.

Limiting how many items a single player is able to list on the AH is kind of pointless since you can have unlimited accounts.
Giver People one month to bring their stuff down off the AH. Just have it as a log in msg and every time someone opens the AH. 1 month gives people plenty of time to sort threw all the stuff, NPC the stuff that is junk, and they can mule / keep the items they want.

At the end of one month wipe the AH. All items remaining on it will be lost. Is this a hard blow? Yes but it must be done before this gets more out of control. The economy will survive and we will move on with everything we are doing.

Yes there will be some backlash from doing this but that is from people that are very short sighted and can't see the larger problem ahead.

Hami

Post by Hami » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:46 pm

I definitely agree that the ah should have item drop off timers. Unsold I tems should have between 2 weeks - 1 month before being returned to their owner.
This would dissuade players who have already accumulated a large amount of Gil from flooding the ah with miscellaneous items that could be sold by lower level players, as the time invested re-listing items could outweighs potential profits. I played on nasomi before this one and I remember that server encountering the exact same issues; the ah just needs to return unsold items to players after a certain amount of time.

nik

Post by nik » Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:23 pm

I agree that items has to be returned, including the ones that are up there. If people has hundreds, or even thousands of items up there it'll suck, but it's necessary for the server's economy. I cleaned out my own sales a while ago and it took a long ass time but was definitely worth it. The longer you wait with a decision regarding this it'll only get worse.

beauxq

Post by beauxq » Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:41 pm

This change could be made with a gradual transition without the hassle of dealing with a thousand items at once.

The items could be returned at a faster rate than they were posted until that time catches up with the desired time limit.

To make an example with smaller numbers: Say the server has only been running for 30 days. Today is day 31 and we want to limit the items to stay on AH for 7 days.

On day 31 return items that were posted on day 1 and day 2.
On day 32 return items that were posted on day 3 and day 4.
On day 33 return items that were posted on day 5 and day 6.
x - 7 = (x - 30) * 2
x = 53
On day 52 return items that were posted on day 43 and day 44.
On day 53 return items that were posted on day 45 and day 46.
Now you're caught up to where you want it.
On day 54 return items that were posted on day 47.
On day 55 return items that were posted on day 48.

This would make it a gradual change without having to interrupt normal gameplay - without making people deal with 1000 items at once.

Dante

Post by Dante » Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:49 pm

I don't think that's feasible unfortunately.

beauxq

Post by beauxq » Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 pm

Dante wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:49 pm
Why not?

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:11 am

beauxq wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:53 pm
Dante wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 6:49 pm
Why not?
for one Icon doesn't even know if the system will support that many items flooding back in to Dbox's. If it was to crash the system the clean up would take forever and serves would be down a long time. for items that are already on the AH now there is no date attached to them so all would be flooding back. Even if everyone was in their mog [and you know we all will not be] when this happen our limited inventory couldn't support that many items coming back, So there are bottle necks everywhere. The closest NPC to the MH that can buy stuff will be spammed and probably crash the system as well.

Honestly the only way to do this with the least amount of stress on crashing the server is an AH wipe.

beauxq

Post by beauxq » Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:12 am

I think there has to be dates attached to the items.
If 2 people put items up for the same price, and one person comes to buy, which one gets sold?

nik

Post by nik » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:19 am

Another suggestion would be to do it in Auction House-sections over a period of time.