Conquest is hugely imbalanced against Bastok

Anything FFXI Related
Shermie

Conquest is hugely imbalanced against Bastok

Post by Shermie » Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:41 am

As title says, I am about at my wits end trying to get any OPs other than Qufim and Dunes - us newbie Bastokans are lucky if we get 1 new supply run per week.

I understand the custom balancing formula to account for pop but the result is Bastok's chance of getting any non low-end exp grind zone is close to zero. Please take a look at this Icon :(

nik

Re: Conquest is hugely imbalanced against Bastok

Post by nik » Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:51 am

To some extent I understand this arguement. It might seem like it's much easier for us Windurstians to get OPs, but one could argue it's not. For example at pretty much any given time you can put together two full PTs of Bastokians easily while there's hardly ever even six people from Windurst on. It does require a lot of communication on both ends, possibly more for the people from Bastok, but it's in no way impossible.

Scott

Post by Scott » Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:26 pm

I think the best implementation is to slow the decay to beastmen.

Icon

Post by Icon » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 am

I have looked into your request and it is possible currently that because Bastok outnumbers Windurst in active players 3:1 in some cases your efforts would mean essentially nothing after being hacked up by the conquest calculator. I have made a fix so that there is a floor to how small your influence can be. It will still be possible to not earn influence for your nation if say you're Bastok killing EPs... the current population is just too unbalanced. The fix will be applied in the next patch. The nation switching NPCs are working, in case you were wondering ;)

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:38 pm

Icon wrote:
Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:08 am
I have looked into your request and it is possible currently that because Bastok outnumbers Windurst in active players 3:1 in some cases your efforts would mean essentially nothing after being hacked up by the conquest calculator. I have made a fix so that there is a floor to how small your influence can be. It will still be possible to not earn influence for your nation if say you're Bastok killing EPs... the current population is just too unbalanced. The fix will be applied in the next patch. The nation switching NPCs are working, in case you were wondering ;)
Is it possible to make Beastmen influence less pronounced? I spent a lot of time grinding EMs in SSG earlier this week, but by the time Sunday rolled around, Beastmen took back over even though Bastok was pretty much the only nation on the map for it.

Scott

Post by Scott » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:52 am

Or maybe can make the decay based off active players? Something like (n/3000) * retail decay rate. Where n is current active population and 3000 is a figure I got from an average number of people online at one time during retail during this era.
Alexander wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:38 pm
Is it possible to make Beastmen influence less pronounced? I spent a lot of time grinding EMs in SSG earlier this week, but by the time Sunday rolled around, Beastmen took back over even though Bastok was pretty much the only nation on the map for it.