Server Advertising

Anything FFXI Related
Icon

Server Advertising

Post by Icon » Wed Mar 29, 2017 2:56 pm

We have an awesome community here and we're growing quickly! Just a month and a half in and we're averaging 50 users online at peak times! WOW!

Thank you to all the players reaching out to your friends telling them about the server and recruiting more players!

We do have to ask one thing of the community though: Please do not advertise KupoFFXI on other Darkstar project or other FFXI private server community sites without permission from that FFXI private servers staff. Also do not advertise on any retail forums or forums associated with retail either.

We at KupoFFXI think the old school FFXI community should work together to keep old school FFXI gameplay alive. We don't want infighting or degrading of the FFXI community. So please once again do not post advertising for KupoFFXI in places you don't have permission to. You are of course encouraged to continue posting in places you do have permission!

We ask that people not advertise on any retail forums or forums associated with retail either.

Thanks!
KupoFFXI Staff

EDIT:
It has come to our attention that some of our players have been a little too enthusiastic about praising our server. When posting on public forums please do not put down, mock, or start fights with other servers. It gives our server a bad reputation, comes off as very childish, and causes unneeded stress for us as admins.

We have no issues with people praising the server and in fact we encourage it. We just feel that we should let the quality of our server do the talking. We don't need to be putting others down for us to succeed. There is no competition to be won, we are all just trying to have a good time playing FFXI again!

Modus_Veritas

Re: Server Advertising

Post by Modus_Veritas » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am

Is streaming on Twitch permitted?

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:51 pm

We do not have any rules against streaming however some streaming services will ban accounts for streaming private servers which is a rule in their ToS so just a heads up!

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Wed Apr 26, 2017 4:30 pm

Modus_Veritas wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:35 am
Is streaming on Twitch permitted?
Be careful on Twitch with this, they have rules against private servers. Youtube Gaming does not have that rule though.

ToastnBacon

Post by ToastnBacon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm

I've been streaming p servers for years, they won't really take much action on you, just be willing to lose your account in case though, since there is a possibility.

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am

ToastnBacon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm
I've been streaming p servers for years, they won't really take much action on you, just be willing to lose your account in case though, since there is a possibility.
Twitch only does things if you get reported or their AI (mostly for audio) detects things in your stream VODs. So while you may get away with streaming on a private server with a small audiance, being a 1k+ viewer streamer is likely to get shutdown fast if you break Twitches rules at all.
  • Ashita Lead Developer

ToastnBacon

Post by ToastnBacon » Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:42 am

atom0s wrote:
Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:54 am
ToastnBacon wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:03 pm
Twitch only does things if you get reported or their AI (mostly for audio) detects things in your stream VODs. So while you may get away with streaming on a private server with a small audiance, being a 1k+ viewer streamer is likely to get shutdown fast if you break Twitches rules at all.
I'm aware of that, to be honest I'm just a small time streamer, if I lose my account I wouldn't be bothered really since I'm not really losing out on anything, I've got about 5-6 people to join this server so far streaming this server, so I'm not really planning on becoming a massive hit streamer.

NorthernLights

Post by NorthernLights » Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:12 am

It has come to our attention that some of our players have been a little too enthusiastic about praising our server. When posting on public forums please do not put down, mock, or start fights with other servers. It gives our server a bad reputation, comes off as very childish, and causes unneeded stress for us as admins.

We have no issues with people praising the server and in fact we encourage it. We just feel that we should let the quality of our server do the talking. We don't need to be putting others down for us to succeed. There is no competition to be won, we are all just trying to have a good time playing FFXI again!