Compiled list of features and things to expect!

Anything FFXI Related
Elysien

Compiled list of features and things to expect!

Post by Elysien » Sun Mar 12, 2017 2:12 pm

Greetings! I wanted to put this post together to inform prospective players of the features of this server, and what there is to expect. This topic will be updated as more things come to be.

Disclaimer; I am not a developer nor a moderator for this server, simply a player who wishes to see the server thrive as it deserves. I do not speak for them, but having spoke to them and based on actions they have taken, in regards to what to expect this is the impression I got.

As a recap, server settings:

-Level Cap: 75.
-Starting Gil; 10gil.
-Experience rate is 1x.
-Movement speed is 1x.
-Fame gain 3x.
-Crafting skill up rate 2x.
-Notorious Monsters drop the non-ex gear. (This includes a very particular item!)

Features of Kupo server:

-All players begin the game with a Linkshell, this is the community server linkshell and will be in your inventory from the start.
-In-game custom friends list.
-EXP rings are NOT disabled.*
*They have the old retail bonuses, 500 for chariot, 1,000 for empress, 2,000 for emperor, and can be recharged every conquest tally)
-Synthesis history is functional.
-Conquest is coded well.
-Delivery box sending and receiving to different players is functional.
-AutoHP has been prevented completely.
-Enemies gain TP at a rate close to retail.
-Enemies use their TP at a rate close to retail.
-Bomb Toss is NOT overpowered.
-Breath damage is NOT overpowered.
-Shield Block rate is normalised (not overpowered)
-Potency of Shell is normalised (not overpowered)
-Level Sync is in, but you have to be within 20 levels of the player you wish to sync to.
-All artifact equipment for the jobs obtainable on the server are obtainable, and functional.
-Expansions up to COP.
-Dual Boxing is permitted, triboxing in any fashion is prohibited.
-Worms DO NOT chase.
-Beastmen Pet enemies as a means of experience are permitted and give the full EXP.
-Auction House are linked between all towns, and have no fees.
-You may place unlimited amount of items on the Auction House.
-Auction House will not display items not pertaining to the Lv.75 cap.
-Auction House is NOT fully stocked; all stock is put up from the servers players.
-Enemies gaining gradual resistance to enfeebling and elemental magic from repeated cast of a certain spell is coded.
-Black Magic here uses the old damage formulas.
-Cure here uses the old healing formulas.
-Kings are not forced spawned, and the 'NQ' drop their respective Black Belt item, in addition to the 'HQ'.
-HNM, and most 'big' NMs are not reset upon server crash, they will persist through it.
-Anti-claim bot claiming system in place.
-Port Bastok Bride is crossable.
-BCNM are not disabled, but at the moment many are not functional.
-ENMs Brothers and Sheep in Antlions clothing functional, and coded.
-Explorer Moogle in each starting city will teleport you to a different starting city of your choice for 300g (must first be Lv.10)
-Mog Wardrobe 1 & 2 available.

What to expect:

On this server you can expect to have the closest 75cap (2004~) experience around. This server has multiple developers working on it, and simply put, they get stuff done. As a testament to that, as of this post, the server has been up a little under a month, and issues plaguing some other servers, such as AutoHP and enemy TP spam for years were addressed within the first few weeks of this servers life. Many, many, serious exploits that have crippled other servers were patched early and have caused no harm.

Furthermore, there will not be an easy street in any fashion for any players. Enemies and other content will be coded closely to a 2004 retail experience before any players are able to tackle them. New players who join months later of the release of this server will not be suffering difficulty adjustments while the older players were able to take advantage of improper coded battles and content; all players will tackle the same level of difficulty, and that difficulty will be reminiscent of the 2004 FFXI era. The developers work on all aspects of this game, but they have expressed a particularly keen emphasis on the endgame side of things aswell, something not found as indearly on some other servers.

What you can do:

There is a bug report section on this forum. If you discover any inaccuracies or things that should not pertain to this server 'era' please submit a report in this section, ideally with some sort of source link. Generally speaking, your issue is resolved promptly pending on what it is exactly.

Thanks for reading.

-Elysien.
Last edited by Elysien on Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:30 am, edited 11 times in total.

jamiehavok

Re: Compiled list of features and things to expect!

Post by jamiehavok » Sun Mar 12, 2017 7:44 pm

Furthermore, there will not be an easy street in any fashion for any players. Enemies and other content will be coded correctly and precisely to 2004 retail before any players are able to tackle them. New players who join months later of the release of this server will not be suffering difficulty adjustments while the older players were able to take advantage of improper coded battles and content; all players will tackle the same level of difficulty, and that difficulty will be reminiscent of the 2004 FFXI era. The developers are hard at work on all aspects of this game, but they have expressed a particularly keen emphasis on the endgame side of things, something not found as indearly on some other servers.
Allthough im cautiously optimistic about this server it might be a bit early to be stating this! Also i disagree about other servers not putting emphasis on end game, in my experience that's all they put emphasis on! For me ffxi was all about the journey!

ToastnBacon

Post by ToastnBacon » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:55 pm

I do believe we should work our way from the bottom(starting) to the top (endgame) as it has been so far.

I'm really happy with how the server is coming along, just hoping it wont lose its way like alot of p servers seem to do (not just ff11 p servers mind you)

Keep up the good work. :)

stoleeverything

Post by stoleeverything » Tue Jul 18, 2017 1:13 am

YOU Definitely could not get 280 exp without a chain in era. how is that x1 I'm confused here

Bikini

Post by Bikini » Tue Jul 18, 2017 7:59 pm

There's not really any reason for the EXP on the first kill of a chain to be capped. It was silly on retail.

Reingar

Post by Reingar » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 pm

Hey, new to the forums and the server. I just wanted to ask one question. Is BLM the only viable option for classes or are all classes fairly balanced? I saw another person in the forum ask this question already and I don't remember where but I don't think he got a clear answer.
Thanks guys!

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:52 pm

Reingar wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:10 pm
Hey, new to the forums and the server. I just wanted to ask one question. Is BLM the only viable option for classes or are all classes fairly balanced? I saw another person in the forum ask this question already and I don't remember where but I don't think he got a clear answer.
Thanks guys!
A lot of DSP servers have very overpowered versions of Black Mage. Not the case here. Most of the jobs seem pretty fairly balanced. Warrior, Samurai, and Thief seem to be the popular melee jobs. Seen all colors of mages as well, so honestly play whatever the hell you want, it all seems to be a wash. :)