In recent news....

Anything FFXI Related
Dante

Re: In recent news....

Post by Dante » Sun Dec 03, 2017 10:14 pm

From what I understand, ToAU is making progress in dsp, but it's got a long way to go. The very small fraction of ToAU is almost laughable on Nasomi, which kind of ruins my confidence in private servers pulling ToAU off. And, unfortunately, I don't think SE would ever release a legacy server for FFXI. I wish they would, but I just don't think it's going to happen. I'd be happy with private servers just giving us the jobs fully working, the zones, and the story. I don't necessarily need the battle content that goes along with it.

Indelacio

Post by Indelacio » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:05 pm

Before we start considering a working version of ToaU we need to look at a completed RoZ (Missions 13+ and divine might), and a working version of CoP. CoP doesn't even have to be done all at once, could be done in blocks of 1-2 chapters at a time. Also CoP content will keep us busy for quite a while as folks organize to get through some of the more difficult capped fights. I don't mean to say the fights themselves are difficult even though some are, however traveling through the capped areas such as promys and the riverne sites, not to mention the aqueducts and sacrarium, were perhaps the toughest challenges in completing the missions.
We probably wont see CoP anytime soon on Kupo, but it would definitly keep us occupied for awhile once it hits.

Dante

Post by Dante » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:27 pm

I'm sure they're working on it. can't speak for Icon and Northern Lights though

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm

Alexander wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:55 pm
Black Mage is the second best solo job in the game, only behind Red Mage. Seems fine to me.

define what your soloing, because I'm having a hard time seeing it being a better solo then bst.

Chrondo

Post by Chrondo » Tue Dec 05, 2017 7:50 pm

SMN is pretty good at soloing too :D

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 am

Mercer.Keel wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm
Alexander wrote:
Black Mage is the second best solo job in the game, only behind Red Mage. Seems fine to me.

define what your soloing, because I'm having a hard time seeing it being a better solo then bst.
Literally anything. Sleep -> Nuke -> Sleep is WAY better than BST.

I've played BST to 75 twice, once on retail, once on Nasomi. BST is the worst version of BST. Literally every job subbing BST is better than BST.

It's not hard to be better than BST at soloing.
Previously Gweivyth @ Nasomi.

Jimmayus

Post by Jimmayus » Fri Dec 08, 2017 3:38 pm

BST really is one of those jobs (the other notable one being summoner) that really makes you think "yeah there really were some truly bad choices fixed by later expansions". Not saying it wasn't fun or anything, just clearly an example of how a concept can be improved through developer experience.

therealRhys

Post by therealRhys » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:20 am

Alexander wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 am
Mercer.Keel wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:57 pm
Alexander wrote:

I've played BST to 75 twice, once on retail, once on Nasomi. BST is the worst version of BST. Literally every job subbing BST is better than BST.

It's not hard to be better than BST at soloing.
It's not hard being better than BLM at soloing, easiest job to solo with by far is smn once you learn how.

jamiehavok

Post by jamiehavok » Sat Dec 09, 2017 10:40 am

Alexander wrote:
Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:37 am

Thias generally doesnt work though right unless your only talking about xp mobs. Generally you cant sleep/nuke everything all the time, not nms anyway.

Edge

Post by Edge » Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:59 am

on nasomi i hear you can sleep -> nuke -> sleep for ever with out resistance building.
back then you could sleep HNM but maybe 2-3 times before it would just always resist. is the resist building accurate in this version of the game ?