Relic armor Proposal.

Anything FFXI Related
Mercer.Keel

Relic armor Proposal.

Post by Mercer.Keel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 am

Seeing that dyna is going to stupid hard to code back to era and even do / clear I propose that a NPC in jeuno have relic armor be placed on him for sale but will take Kindred seals to purchase just like armor from Sagheera with ABC's. The cost would be high cost and increase cost depending on zone it came from. With high cost it will keep in line with it being worth the effort you would put in dyna and the currency being KS are not so rare that would take forever but not so easy to get.

Alexander

Re: Relic armor Proposal.

Post by Alexander » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm

No thank you. That's what the other servers would do, and that's not what we want to see here.
Previously Gweivyth @ Nasomi.

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:58 pm

Alexander wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:41 pm
No thank you. That's what the other servers would do, and that's not what we want to see here.
So you would rather have nothing? or if you got a better idea i'm all ears

Also I'm sure your not the whole server so no point in putting WE in there.

Sagesaga

Post by Sagesaga » Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 am

I'd rather wait for dynamis to be added than have some silly system just to get dynamis drops.

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 am

Sagesaga wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 12:52 am
I'd rather wait for dynamis to be added than have some silly system just to get dynamis drops.
so you feel that you will be able to get 24-36 lvl 75s on at the same time on this server and have the abilty/skill to dyna for 3hrs strait and win zones?

nik

Post by nik » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:23 am

Mercer.Keel wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:11 am
so you feel that you will be able to get 24-36 lvl 75s on at the same time on this server and have the abilty/skill to dyna for 3hrs strait and win zones?
I agree that some zones in Dynamis might suck if you're low on people, but you didn't need that many. However you would need proper setups and people who know what they're doing.

Mercer.Keel

Post by Mercer.Keel » Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:57 am

nik wrote:
Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:23 am
I agree that some zones in Dynamis might suck if you're low on people, but you didn't need that many. However you would need proper setups and people who know what they're doing.
look at the server right now I think it would be difficult do do dyna even if we combined sbb, sd, and the other random 75s in to one ls. But who is to say that would happen because now we also have the currency to talk about and control over that, and who is going to pay for the hour glass. Dyna is a much larger under taking then just going in to zone and kill to get drops.

I'm not trying to bash dyna but it was easy back in the day to do because we have servers with a large population and a market to drive that kinda of cost/reward.

beauxq

Post by beauxq » Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:13 am

I think era dynamis wouldn't work on a low populations server.

cheezcake

Post by cheezcake » Tue Nov 21, 2017 8:40 am

I personally would not like a workaround for relic weapons. Everyone is already overgeared for the content we currently have anyway. I would be content just waiting for Dynamis. Getting people together for Dynamis wouldn't be too hard, but after the linkshell banks had been depleted from Dynamis Hourglasses, finding people who wanted to pay the 50k each (if you have 20 people) would be difficult because everyone on this server is cheap as hell and doesn't want to farm. I think modifying the 1M gil price sounds reasonable.

oldschoolffxi

Post by oldschoolffxi » Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 am

On the subject of numbers needed for dynamis I don't think you ever need more than 18 good people to clear a dynamis. My only concerns are about balance.

The mechanics have to work and the difficulty level has to be correct. I would immediately say that 50k per head per entry is absolutely fair if 18 people go in for Citys thats roughly 1million. That seems fair tbh.

On another private server I have partaken in alot of dreamland dynamis runs that involved a 6 man party setup:

(THF/BLM) (BLM/WHM) (BLM/WHM) (BLM/WHM) (BLM/WHM) (RDM/BLM)

The THF would have striders and make a pull using flee, run through around 11-16 enemies and do a large circle.
Windning the enemies in and balling them together with superior movement speed.

Once the enemy pack was gathered enough the RDM would Sleepga the mobs.
The THF would immediately sleepga ontop of that purely to land TH.

On que with the RDM countdown via voice- the four BLMS would do a synced Thundaga-III.
The RDM would follow the volley of ga nukes with a another sleepga.

Again the RDM would countdown via voice for a timed GA nuke.
It had to be done by voice and not ingame timer.

After around 3-4 GA nukes you can imagine the drops, and merit points.
The THF is only hindered by his Flee cooldown and mana pool (which the rdm can fix with a refresh).
We use to clear the entire dynamis-bubu except beastmen-statues and bosses.

With 60mins + 30 mins in time extensions. We did around 8-10 pulls and never stopped upon entry except for BLMS to rest their mana- but even then the THF was already getting the enemies in position for the next volley.

Bare in mind this was only possible due to enfeebling magic being over powered in my opinion- although most of the players involved were capped if not highly merited & ontop of that very well geared. We did take the occasional "scrub".

On average we would get between 15-28 (20) 100 currency drops and around 6-8 merits per run.
(I remember lvling my gimp BLM 73-75 in one run... 90mins......).

This way of dynamis capped merits wayyyyy to easily, got people relics in a week- sometimes even faster.

It killed the server price of currency after everyone caught on over time. 100 pieces went from 600k each to 70k

Under valuing relics entirely. :geek:

Ya'll are worried about numbers for clears- this is what i'm worried about as you finish the game at a stupid fast rate.

PS

Mercer.Keel wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 3:46 am
Seeing that dyna is going to stupid hard to code back to era and even do / clear I propose that a NPC in jeuno have relic armor be placed on him for sale but will take Kindred seals to purchase just like armor from Sagheera with ABC's. The cost would be high cost and increase cost depending on zone it came from. With high cost it will keep in line with it being worth the effort you would put in dyna and the currency being KS are not so rare that would take forever but not so easy to get.
to reply to OP- just making a NPC to trade kindred seals to for af2 i find frankly lazy and .

just no
Juggernaut 75 SAM / 49 THF / 45 DRK / 39 WAR / 38 RNG / 38 NIN

Queenofpain 69 WHM / 65 BRD / 40 BLM

Duo BST@ 20