Experience party locations

Anything FFXI Related
oldschoolffxi

Experience party locations

Post by oldschoolffxi » Sun Nov 19, 2017 11:15 am

Hello to whom it may concern exp locations (camps)

I'm gonna briefly write my view on exp 55+.

Seems cape terrigan via the volbow OP is a very average and easily accessable party location 55-58.
Afterwards labrynth of onzozo , Bibiki Bay & The boyadah tree (green crawlers) All share this same 59-64 prime leveling locations.

Lab's awesome and underrated very much but it's hard to get a good sync for it. The same can be said for all three to be honest. the exps really good for 60-62 In all three.

The boyadah tree camps realy aesthetically pleasing and under used- It's always free yet has a very large number of enemies, you kinda need a brd or rdm for dispel if you're going in <62. It's still a great spot despite the journey time.

All three are great spots tbh, I'm sure everyone has their own preferance, but here I have an issue.
Having all three labrynth of onzozo, bibiki bay and the boyada tree set at this specific 59-64 slot...absoluttely destroys the diveersity and player choice in leveling 60-70 pretty much. You pick one and find another sync and go again in the same place 99% of the time.

Perhaps you could tune mob levels so they aren;t the same or so close together. Adding a more fluid choice in exp camps.

The green crawler exp spot in the tree up be tuned up a few levels along with the puks? These puk mobs are broken as is and killable solo by lvl 30 characters. If they where fixed could add some life into the exp camp, perhaps It could bee changed to a 64-69 exp location or perhaps a new place for players to merit, I believe It would give all players a more variable and dynamic choice during their levelling experience 60+.
Maybe also the labrynth of onzoz courels could be tuned down a few levels too? So it would be 57-61.

The way it is right now at just these specific levels, these exp camp choices- is someone syncs the pt to one of these locations, after they;ve leveled, thats it, they've missed out on two of the three and cant exp together anywhere decent onwards. Will resync back to same place or KRT.

This is making the leveling experience boring, slow & as is with the player base- even stagnant to some degree.

I think it was probably designed this way on retail to allow more room for players 60+ to spread out and not be over crowding the zones like valk dunes. But the truth is with small private servers is.. Theres always more lower level people exping most of the time cus not everyones gonna make it 75 or even wants to.

I think players putting in the hours getting to these rewarding and exciting levels with all their fun job abilties, with their AF gear and scorpion harness's etc... should be rewarded with a lil more variation than KRT>bibki bay repeat.
Juggernaut 75 SAM / 49 THF / 45 DRK / 39 WAR / 38 RNG / 38 NIN

Queenofpain 69 WHM / 65 BRD / 40 BLM

Duo BST@ 20

StardewValley

Re: Experience party locations

Post by StardewValley » Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Thanks for this!

Agreed on other exp locations. Especially when my PLD gets up there and no one wants it in Bibiki Bay ; ;
Stardew - WAR50 | THF25 | NIN14 | RDM09
Valley - BLM46 | WHM25 | NIN12 | THF11
Cooking 42 | Goldsmithing 2
(12/11/17)

Hin

Post by Hin » Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm

I agree with this, but changing the levels of mobs is not the way to fix what is a player mentality problem. People's first choice is always KRT as soon as they get to level 50+. It's super boring but the exp is among the top places to party at from 50-75 so everyone always first looks for a sync to go there.

Realistically, given the optimal party setup, any camp can work and be within 1k/hr of another. Personally I'd trade even 3k/hr slower just so I could go to a different camp. I've been to Boyahda exactly once for a party, Onzozo twice, and Cape Terrigan once. Every other time has been KRT or Bibiki, probably in an 80/20 split. I've had people threaten to leave the party if I try and get to a lesser used place when KRT is open. I realize there are 5 other people so I'm selfish to want to party somewhere no one else does, but it is so boring going to the same spot over and over.

Has anyone tried the exp camps on here? http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ The alternate camps, as the ones at the top are all ToAU camps. Are the mobs not the proper level, or is there some other reason that people never camp at these lesser used spots other than the fact that they're not optimal? Moon gate doesn't work from what I've heard. That used to be a good/fun camp.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm

StardewValley wrote:
Sun Nov 19, 2017 8:57 pm
Thanks for this!

Agreed on other exp locations. Especially when my PLD gets up there and no one wants it in Bibiki Bay ; ;
Yeah I think the crawlers in Boyahda will also be pretty tough as a Paladin, they double/triple attack pretty often, or at least they did on Nasomi. At least their TP moves aren't threatening though, so that might be a huge plus. The flies are probably REALLY easy in comparison though, so it might be a decent PLD camp.
Previously Gweivyth @ Nasomi.

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:37 pm

Hin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm
I've had people threaten to leave the party if I try and get to a lesser used place when KRT is open. I realize there are 5 other people so I'm selfish to want to party somewhere no one else does, but it is so boring going to the same spot over and over.
That's weird. If you have a good setup for Bibiki/KRT, your setup should also be great for Boyahda, all the stuff there is weak to piercing and the pulls are a lot easier on the Bard.

I can't imagine the xp/hour would be lower, the camp is just a little more obnoxious to get to, but once you're there...

oldschoolffxi

Post by oldschoolffxi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:43 pm

---double post--
Last edited by oldschoolffxi on Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Duo BST@ 20

oldschoolffxi

Post by oldschoolffxi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 pm

oldschoolffxi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:43 pm
Hin wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 4:59 pm
I agree with this, but changing the levels of mobs is not the way to fix what is a player mentality problem. People's first choice is always KRT as soon as they get to level 50+.

I've had people threaten to leave the party if I try and get to a lesser used place when KRT is open.

Has anyone tried the exp camps on here? http://campsitarus.blogspot.com/ The alternate camps, as the ones at the top are all ToAU camps. Are the mobs not the proper level, or is there some other reason that people never camp at these lesser used spots other than the fact that they're not optimal? Moon gate doesn't work from what I've heard. That used to be a good/fun camp.
Idk if you actually read my post lol.

Of course people first choice i KRT when they hit 50. its 50-55.
u
If you have someone threaten to leave your party if you don't currently have a sync for krt- tell them theyre free to leave. But you will keep an eye out.

- that campisitarus.blogspot link is one of the reasons i made the original post, its all toau 55+ theres no mention of any of the exp camps like krt, bibi, tree or labrynth of onzozo.

- It's one of the reasons i think the levels of lab and the specific tree camp should have their levels altered so yo can actually have some lineage of leveling rather than this KRT>bibi spam.

The mantality is not the problem, KRT and bibi are most effecient- Most of the time ok- think about that but the labrynth exp camp and the tree camp are the same level as bibi so they get over shadowed/forgotten & un-used.

Why not bring these camps into the light by making them most effecient for certain levels, thus breaking this "mentality" and at the sametime making leveling 60-75 more diverse and fun- lets be real here EXPing 60+ is fun as hell with all the gear, spells, Job abilities and weaponskills you get.

Duo BST@ 20

oldschoolffxi

Post by oldschoolffxi » Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm

Alexander wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm
StardewValley wrote:
Thanks for this!

The flies are probably REALLY easy in comparison though, so it might be a decent PLD camp.

Go have a look, theyre puks not flies. Like the red puks in ToAU but a different color, same model with shadow TP moves, and AoE knockback- . But their levels are for some reason like 30 instead of 90 and broken atm.

They look cool as

Duo BST@ 20

Alexander

Post by Alexander » Tue Nov 21, 2017 1:51 pm

oldschoolffxi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:58 pm
Alexander wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 6:35 pm
StardewValley wrote:
Thanks for this!

The flies are probably REALLY easy in comparison though, so it might be a decent PLD camp.

Go have a look, theyre puks not flies. Like the red puks in ToAU but a different color, same model with shadow TP moves, and AoE knockback- . But their levels are for some reason like 30 instead of 90 and broken atm.

They look cool as
Oh that's interesting. I haven't been there on Kupo, but I used to xp there pretty often on Nas and it was flies and crawlers.

Hin

Post by Hin » Tue Nov 21, 2017 2:14 pm

oldschoolffxi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 11:48 pm
- that campisitarus.blogspot link is one of the reasons i made the original post, its all toau 55+ theres no mention of any of the exp camps like krt, bibi, tree or labrynth of onzozo.
If you scroll down further, there is a list of "alternate" camp locations. Most of them are CoP or earlier areas. Here is the list in case you can't see it:

60s
56-60 Cape Terrigan (Robber Crab/Velociraptor/Terror Pugil)
56-60 Kuftal Tunnel (Deinonychus)
58-61 Valley of Sorrows (Velociraptor)
59-63 Monastic Cavern (Orc)
59-63 Uleguerand Range (Nival Raptor)
60-63 Attohwa Chasm (Tracker Antlion)
60-63 Labyrinth of Onzozo (Torama)
60-63 Quicksand Caves (Antica)
61-64 Bibiki Bay (Tragopan)
62-64 Cape Terrigan (Sand Cockatrice)
62-65 Boyahda Tree (Processionaire)
62-65 Ru'Aun Gardens (Flamingo)
63-65 Uleguerand Range (Demon/Fachan/Tyrannotaur)
63-66 Boyahda Tree (Steelshell)
64-66 Den of Rancor (Cloister of Tides)
65-68 Boyahda Tree (Elder Goobbue)
65-67 Bibiki Bay (Catoblepas/1st-tier Hobgoblin)
66-68 Den of Rancor (Tormentor)
66-69 Boyahda Tree (Darter)
66-69 Gustav Tunnel (Skeletons)

70s
67-70 Cape Terrigan (Greater Manticore)
67-70 Dragon's Aery (Bark Tarantula/Darter)
67-71 Kuftal Tunnel (Ovinnik/Greater Cockatrice)
68-71 Bibiki Bay (Catoblepas/2nd-tier Hobgoblins)
69-72 Ro'Maeve (2nd-tier Weapons)
70-75 Uleguerand Range (King Buffalo)
72-75 King Ranperre's Tomb (Undead)
72-75 The Shrine of Ru'Avitau
73-75 Uleguerand Range (Kindred/Smolenkos/Molech)

I took out all the ones that don't exist on the server, but there are still a couple dozen places that aren't KRT or Bibiki Bay to exp at