Hi! Most needed end-game jobs?

New To The Server?
StardewValley

Hi! Most needed end-game jobs?

Post by StardewValley » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:19 pm

Hi! I'm new to the Kupo server. You'll see me running around as Stardew and Valley.

Played retail on/off since 2004. Trunksx on Kujata, merged into Valefor until 2008. Zanza on Ifrit, merged into Odin to present.

I plan to level PLD on my Elvaan, Stardew, and BLM on my Taru, Valley, but I'm willing to level whatever is most needed for end game.

What are currently most needed jobs for end-game on Kupo?
Stardew - WAR50 | THF25 | NIN14 | RDM09
Valley - BLM46 | WHM25 | NIN12 | THF11
Cooking 42 | Goldsmithing 2
(12/11/17)

Dante

Re: Hi! Most needed end-game jobs?

Post by Dante » Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:52 pm

Black Mage and Paladin are wonderful jobs to level, both are very needed endgame. There is apparently a shortage of tanks, so you'll have no issues finding parties!

Welcome to the server my friend!

Crasy

Post by Crasy » Wed Nov 08, 2017 3:18 pm

All types of mages and brd
Clothcraft: 98+2
Goldsmithing: 97+2

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm

I would advise against leveling Paladin right out of the gate, the grind from 60 to 75 is going to be incredibly difficult without a lot of money into gear, as PLD is really bad at the "best" 60+ camp due to having too little damage mitigation and low damage. My Paladin gear is very good and it still is a LOT worse than a Ninja at Bibiki. I think that speaks more to how imbalanced the Bibiki camp is and less about how "good" relatively speaking Paladin is, but the fact still remains that you're gonna have a rough ride to 75.

I'd honestly suggest leveling a job like Warrior or Beastmaster as your first job, as they have low cost of entry, their gear is all relatively cheap, and if you don't have the best in slot in every slot...well, it's not too big of a deal.

Also Bard is an obvious choice, there seems to be a little bit of a curse on Kupo where new bards will hit 75 and then suddenly stop playing. Not sure what's up with that? :P

StardewValley

Post by StardewValley » Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 am

Thanks guys! Super happy to be on Kupo :D
Gweivyth wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm
I would advise against leveling Paladin right out of the gate, the grind from 60 to 75 is going to be incredibly difficult without a lot of money into gear, as PLD is really bad at the "best" 60+ camp due to having too little damage mitigation and low damage. My Paladin gear is very good and it still is a LOT worse than a Ninja at Bibiki. I think that speaks more to how imbalanced the Bibiki camp is and less about how "good" relatively speaking Paladin is, but the fact still remains that you're gonna have a rough ride to 75.
Hmmm... that's unfortunate. I wouldn't mind partying elsewhere... I remember many other zones back then where a PLD would do really well.
Does no one party in Onzozo, Cape Terrigan, The Boyahda Tree, or Ro'maeve at all?
Stardew - WAR50 | THF25 | NIN14 | RDM09
Valley - BLM46 | WHM25 | NIN12 | THF11
Cooking 42 | Goldsmithing 2
(12/11/17)

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Fri Nov 10, 2017 1:32 pm

StardewValley wrote:
Fri Nov 10, 2017 12:27 am
Thanks guys! Super happy to be on Kupo :D
Gweivyth wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:22 pm
Hmmm... that's unfortunate. I wouldn't mind partying elsewhere... I remember many other zones back then where a PLD would do really well.
Does no one party in Onzozo, Cape Terrigan, The Boyahda Tree, or Ro'maeve at all?
Ro'Meave is pretty rough because of mob TP behavior, most jobs just can't handle the Weapon AOE. We tried it early on in the server's lifespan. I haven't tried it again since then, maybe it's better now. Nobody really goes there.

Onzozo is fine, PLD is probably OK there. It's just less exp/hour than Bibiki so people avoid it.