New player interested in static group.

New To The Server?
Guy

New player interested in static group.

Post by Guy » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:36 pm

I played FFXI on the official servers mainly in 2009. I enjoyed my overall experience, but I never really got the chance to go through the various missions and story-based content of the game. I never really had people to do the story missions with when I was playing back then, so I was hoping to get to do that now.

We could possibly add more to that, such as each player always playing one particular job while in the group and holding that job exclusive to group activities so that we level together as a group, but what I'm really looking to get out of Kupo FFXI is to get a static group for doing all of the missions and story content in the game.

I've yet to make a character or finish installing the game, but I figured I should go ahead and see how things could work out for getting a static group.

Etched

Re: New player interested in static group.

Post by Etched » Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 pm

I'd say I'm in a similar situation as you, friend. I'm actually in the process of installing the game right now. I played a little bit in the same era, but I didn't have anyone to play with and was largely a solo affair. I didn't really get to do any of the content that I wanted to do -- I've always wondered how much different this game would've been with a group.

So, I'm unsure if you're trying to start a new static, or looking for an existing group, but I'd like to throw my name in too.

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat Oct 28, 2017 12:54 am

Etched wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 10:24 pm
I'd say I'm in a similar situation as you, friend. I'm actually in the process of installing the game right now. I played a little bit in the same era, but I didn't have anyone to play with and was largely a solo affair. I didn't really get to do any of the content that I wanted to do -- I've always wondered how much different this game would've been with a group.

So, I'm unsure if you're trying to start a new static, or looking for an existing group, but I'd like to throw my name in too.
I'm not sure how well we could just join up to an existing group, since the goal here is story content and not purely leveling, although it would be good for leveling to be part of it, I think. It might be difficult to arrange get-togethers for story content on a regular basis if one or two people aren't playing enough on off days to be leveled appropriately for the content. I read about the level sync limitations on this server, and I completely agree with the reasons for which it was implemented. I would also like to go through all of the usual leveling areas rather than only be in Valkrum until 75. It'd be nice to do that with a static group.

I'm currently in-game creating new characters to compare combat animations and decide what race/gender I want to play as.

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat Nov 04, 2017 1:08 am

Etched, if you're still interested, contact Khidaa in-game sometime, the forums don't look like a good place to arrange a group.