Nostalgia trip! Returning WHM saying hi!

New To The Server?
Wordman

Nostalgia trip! Returning WHM saying hi!

Post by Wordman » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:20 pm

Hey guys! Played for years on release from 03-11 semi-casually. Mained mostly WHM and SCH. Not really happy with the way the game is now, so I'm going to check this out. I might switch it up a bit and do BRD. I love that theres a serverwide LS. It's my first time doing a private server. I'm not going to lie though, I'm slightly intimidated by the install process. I don't have POL installed, so I guess I'll just download the client from SE's site? I don't know. How foolproof is the install process?

Ionian

Re: Nostalgia trip! Returning WHM saying hi!

Post by Ionian » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 pm

Dude ! It's very, very easy. Some other servers are more complicated but this one is seriously just a bunch of clicks. Go to the IRC if you have any trouble, and welcome !

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:40 pm

Assuming you're on a 64bit system (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/hel ... sion-or-64) the install should be very easy as Ionian said, follow this guide:
https://kupoffxi.com/install/

Wordman

Post by Wordman » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:31 am

Ionian wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:28 pm
Dude ! It's very, very easy. Some other servers are more complicated but this one is seriously just a bunch of clicks. Go to the IRC if you have any trouble, and welcome !
Oh, cool. Glad to hear that it's simple. I'm going to mess around w/ it this weekend some.

Servo

Post by Servo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:51 pm

I hope you enjoy it!

I know the install process is pretty daunting, but the Kupo instructions are straight forward.. you should be fine ^_^

It's a whole new ballgame in difference between current retail and Kupo FFXI. It's like completely different games, as far as gameplay is concerned. Retail has switched to a single-player type experience using trusts, and it's a rather lonesome experience, while Kupo is a true online experience where you have to actually worry about your reputation and the need to make comrades in order to get stronger and accomplish your goals. The true FFXI experience.

See you around!
Servo: 61 RDM | 58 WHM | 55 BST | 37 BLM
Angelic: 65 PLD | 37 WAR
11/28/2017