New to the server, nice to meet you

New To The Server?
cerya

New to the server, nice to meet you

Post by cerya » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 pm

Hello everyone. I recently joined here after having played way back in the day on PS2. It was my first mmo and I am very happy to be reliving the nostalgia again so many years later. I can't wait to dig back in and re-learn everything as I go along and experience this beautiful game all over again and everything I have read and seen about this server and community looks very exciting. I look forward to seeing and grouping up with you all in game!

On a related note, if anyone has got advice on which jobs in the game are ideal choices and which ones might be better to avoid; I would love some suggestions!

Servo

Re: New to the server, nice to meet you

Post by Servo » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:05 pm

Hey there, welcome to the server! Good to see fresh faces.

For jobs, as always, I say play what you enjoy the most! But in this era of FFXI, and especially in this server, there are a few jobs I would probably turn away from.

Honestly, the server population is rather low right now so people settle with what they can get. At least I do... I try to make it work :)
Servo: 61 RDM | 58 WHM | 55 BST | 37 BLM
Angelic: 65 PLD | 37 WAR
11/28/2017

Scott

Re: New to the server, nice to meet you

Post by Scott » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:32 am

cerya wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:19 pm
On a related note, if anyone has got advice on which jobs in the game are ideal choices and which ones might be better to avoid; I would love some suggestions!
Hey there! Although it is hard to say what potential benefits and challenges the upcoming level sync update will bring to us I'll paste the same advice I posted for another player below. Welcome to the server!
Scott wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:19 am
I'd say level what you want. You'll want to start your own parties anyways if you want to level more quickly. Lots of times there are enough seeking to start a party and when you get 3 or 4 people others will drop what they are doing to join the grind. I'm RDM main and I started most of the parties I was in on the road to 75.

As far as which classes get the most love... I'd say, currently: NIN, PLD, RDM(mid level+), BRD. Bard is cheap and well loved from level 10 to beyond 75.

Little or no love... SMN, BLM, THF

The other jobs not mentioned are as likely as each other IMO to get an invite. Keep in mind, SMN and BLM are in high demand for end game. It just sucks getting them there.

Hit me up in game Godmode/Tyseng if you have questions or need some help!
I didn't mention it in the other post but THF is more welcomed than BLM and SMN but normally only in camps where the mobs are weak to piercing.