Fresh off the FF boat

New To The Server?
CobaltSteel

Fresh off the FF boat

Post by CobaltSteel » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:57 am

Good Evening! I'm CobaltSteel.

I'm really new to the game (as in NO idea what I'm doing) but even though all I've been doing is grinding, it's been fun.
I'm from FFXIV and consider myself a BIG lover of MMO's so I thought, "FFXI!? That sounds pretty cool, Imma go check it out..." So now I'm here.
Like I said before, this is my first experience with FFXI and I have to refer to the wiki constantly which makes me feel kind of stupid in comparison.

My in-server name is Ferminius and I mostly wonder around aimlessly trying to explore Vana'diel, so if you see me around don't be afraid to introduce yourselves as I'm probably terribly lost at that moment. Hope to see you soon!

-Ferminius, Hume RDM lvl12

StardewValley

Re: Fresh off the FF boat

Post by StardewValley » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:27 pm

Wow, this is awesome! Glad you came to check out FFXI! This game can be pretty daunting if you're new to it. It definitely doesn't hold your hand. Back then, you learned what to do from other players, which REALLY helped develop a community.

Everyone is super helpful in the LS chat. Feel free to msg me too!

WELCOME TO THE SERVER!

In game names:
Stardew and Valley
Stardew - WAR50 | THF25 | NIN14 | RDM09
Valley - BLM46 | WHM25 | NIN12 | THF11
Cooking 42 | Goldsmithing 2
(12/11/17)

drego

Re: Fresh off the FF boat

Post by drego » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:18 pm

Welcome!

As you've never played before - please do not be afraid to ask questions on the general LS or here on the forums. FFXI can be a very punishing game and you can waste a lot of time doing things inefficiently if you are just unaware (we've all made that mistake!!).

If you need some good starting tips on where to level, how to make some money, what to do, etc give a tell to Drego/Drega in game. :)

Good luck!!

edit - Also note the wiki can be 'post-dated' or some things. This server is locked in roughly 2005~ era, a lot has changed since then. Most of the WIKI reflects updated changes. Things may be a lot harder or different than the wiki shows. You can check version history on WIKI pages to see if there's any big changes.