Failed to Connect to server

Helpdesk for FFXI issues
Wildstar

Failed to Connect to server

Post by Wildstar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Operating System: Windows 7
Operating System Architecture (32/64bit): 64bit
Problem Program: FFXI
Install Step: I've done two full clean installs.
Details: I launch from Windower and the Screenshot below is what I receive.

I followed the installation guide step by step and when I attempted to connect, I was unable to.

I'll try reinstalling all content again. I'll edit the post with results. Thanks in advance for all the help!

Edit 1: After a clean install, I am still receiving the same error.

Edit 2: I've tried pinging the server and keep receiving "Request timed out." I'm not sure if that means the login server is down or if it's on my end.

Icon

Re: Failed to Connect to server

Post by Icon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 9:19 pm

The login server has been up all day so it sounds like an issue with your internet. Are all other services working? Are you blocking outgoing traffic? Do you have antivirus software that requires white listing applications on your pc?

You can typically check here to see if the server is up (page won't load if it's not):
http://status.kupoffxi.net/online

or hop on IRC. The people in IRC may be able to help you with the issue but I'd take a look at the questions I've posed first.

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:20 pm

Thank you for your reply.

I've tried pinging and connecting to servers from 4 different games, all with success. I'm not blocking outgoing traffic. I turned off both windows firewall and antivirus software and still receive the same result. I tried restarting my computer as well and still nothing. I'll keep trying to mess around with it.

Icon

Post by Icon » Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:09 pm

That's very strange... if you can't even ping the server then it's definitely some sort of internet traffic issue because even if you were banned from the server you would still be able to ping it.

Wildstar

Post by Wildstar » Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:15 am

I was curious so I tried getting on another desktop computer (Windows 10) and a laptop on the same connection and tried and ping the server. Both were unsuccessful. Still looking for possible solutions.

Edit 1: A friend who recently joined the server tried pinging the server via command prompt and he got a fail attempt as well, however he is still able to connect to the server. He suggested trying Ashita to launch the game, as I was using Windower before. Ashita crashes instantly upon launching. I've tried removing Windower and restarting and still can't get Ashita to launch.

Edit 2: We solved the problem. I didn't thoroughly read the installation guide. I wasn't aware of the extra steps involved with setting up windower :oops: Thanks for all the suggestions Icon. I look forward to exploring Vana'diel once again!

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Wed Nov 08, 2017 1:14 am

What issues were you getting with Ashita? Also by the look of your main post picture it doesn't look like you were using the correct boot loader for Kupo in order to connect to this server.
  • Ashita Lead Developer