Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Helpdesk for FFXI issues
Kikai
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Kikai » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Well we both experienced crashes today after using at0mos' plugin, however they changed the crashes to just pol.exe crashes to screen freezes. Still able to move character with controls but the frame will not change (i.e I can move and hit my macros by memory and see where my character is through my dual boxes' screen if it doesn't also have this problem). There was also a lot of flicker on certain shadow areas.

User avatar
Daeoc
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue Mar 28, 2017 10:55 pm

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Daeoc » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 pm

Kikai wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm
There was also a lot of flicker on certain shadow areas.
Did you enable Fix_ShadowZFighting?

Kikai
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Kikai » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:01 pm

Daeoc wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:26 pm
Kikai wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm
There was also a lot of flicker on certain shadow areas.
Did you enable Fix_ShadowZFighting?
Overlooked that, just enabled it. Thank you.

rekklestein
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:44 am

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by rekklestein » Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:51 am

I also have a 780 and get this crash into driver recovery issue too.

I dropped in the proxy atom0s made and thought it fixed the issue but it still managed to crash with the same symptoms as before after 5 hours. I've tried latest drivers, random drivers dating from 2013 to 2016, the card just seems to hate the game.

I've been reading up and saw mention of Intel rapid storage technology causing havoc with drivers, I have it on my system and haven't tested the game without it as im currently making use of it, wondering if its installed on your systems?

Kikai
Posts: 9
Joined: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:17 am

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Kikai » Wed Oct 25, 2017 11:19 pm

rekklestein wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 5:51 am
I also have a 780 and get this crash into driver recovery issue too.

I dropped in the proxy atom0s made and thought it fixed the issue but it still managed to crash with the same symptoms as before after 5 hours. I've tried latest drivers, random drivers dating from 2013 to 2016, the card just seems to hate the game.

I've been reading up and saw mention of Intel rapid storage technology causing havoc with drivers, I have it on my system and haven't tested the game without it as im currently making use of it, wondering if its installed on your systems?
Hey Rekkles, yeah we're still getting crashes after the fact. We also have Intel Rapid Storage installed. Should I try disabling it?

Cadant
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:56 pm

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Cadant » Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 pm

Thought Atom0s' fix might have worked, but I crashed twice again in bcnm40. Maybe someone can clarify what the difference in my crashes are... One, the game just freezes and a POL has stopped working message pops up. The other one that has been occurring solely in bcnm40 at Horlais Peak, my screen goes black for a few seconds and when it comes back I get the message about my gfx card drivers having recovered or something like that. This does not happen with the 1st crash.

Icon
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2017 2:26 am

Re: Nvidia Gfx Game Crashes

Post by Icon » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:09 pm

Cadant wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 12:55 pm
Thought Atom0s' fix might have worked, but I crashed twice again in bcnm40. Maybe someone can clarify what the difference in my crashes are... One, the game just freezes and a POL has stopped working message pops up. The other one that has been occurring solely in bcnm40 at Horlais Peak, my screen goes black for a few seconds and when it comes back I get the message about my gfx card drivers having recovered or something like that. This does not happen with the 1st crash.
If you've used atom0s's fix properly and you're still having crashes then you should make sure you have the most stable graphics driver for your card/software etc. Drivers can be a bit complex so research is required. You should also follow the debugging instructions in this post which will help if the issues aren't driver related: http://kupoffxi.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

If your crashes happen in the same area of the game that is most definitely driver related (your driver isn't rendering the graphics in that area properly causing a driver crash) [for instance: some players have reported crashing as they run over a specific hill in a zone]

Post Reply