Mouse Cursor is not centered?

Helpdesk for FFXI issues
vektson

Mouse Cursor is not centered?

Post by vektson » Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:59 am

When I mouseover an NPC it doesn't register him being there. I move my cursor a fair amount to the left of the NPC it gives the cursor icon to click him. Was same at creating a character. Hovering over the tabs was off. Any fix to this? Also I play in windowed mode and the bottom kinda cuts half way into the bottom msg not making to clear and can't see anything I'm typing. I feel I just have a resolution issue going on. Thanks!

jamiehavok

Re: Mouse Cursor is not centered?

Post by jamiehavok » Fri Aug 11, 2017 11:28 am

I had the same issue, some kind of ashita bug? your overlay resolution wouldnt happen to be a 16:10 res like 1920x1200 would it? Well i fixed it by setting the overlay to 1920x1080 instead. Also i noticed even at that res the game would sometimes have that issue if i played another game first without reseting my pc, so restart the pc, play at that slightly reduced res and it worked. note that's overley res and your background res can still be as high as your pc can handle.

atom0s

Re: Mouse Cursor is not centered?

Post by atom0s » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:51 am

This is a side effect of forcing the game into a window and using different resolutions than the game thinks it's using.
  • Ashita Lead Developer