Don't laugh! WinXP help? >.>;

Come Here To Ask Questions
Kim

Don't laugh! WinXP help? >.>;

Post by Kim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:44 am

I'm having difficulty trying to install on my husband's 32bit WinXP potato.

KupoSetup come back as "invalid Win32 application" or something, likewise with Ashita.. though now I know Av3 is not compatible with WinXP, and I haven't tried a working Av2 yet...

Windower just crashes.

Any tips for a successful install?

Thanks in advance.

Best,
Kim(Milkamoo)

Icon

Re: Don't laugh! WinXP help? >.>;

Post by Icon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 1:00 pm

Hi Kim,

To install on a 32bit computer follow the instructions here:
http://kupoffxi.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=235

The install instructions are a bit longer and more complicated so be sure to read through and do each step!

Kim

Post by Kim » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:52 pm

Thanks Icon-

We did try that. For 3 days. Both KupoSetup and Ashita returned a "Not a valid win32 application" or something similar. Couldn't even get past the patch-up. My husband decided to suck it up and install it on his Win7 movie computer.. so now he's playing on a flat panel wall-mount TV. Not the best in resolution, but he was tweaking it to get it to his liking. Not sure if you have a test pc or not, but he is as fully updated as possible in WinXP, but it just wouldn't work.

Oh, and Windower just crashed when we tried it.

Anyhow, I appreciate the reply, see you in game, kupo!

Best,
Kim

Icon

Post by Icon » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm

What step of the 32bit installation are you on? You're unable to extract the archive?

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:48 am

Ashita may work on XP still but you will have to have Service Pack 3 installed in order to attempt to use it. I do not support XP directly anymore though as you said.
  • Ashita Lead Developer

Kim

Post by Kim » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:30 pm

Icon wrote:
Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:58 pm
What step of the 32bit installation are you on? You're unable to extract the archive?
Hey Icon.. sorry for the delay in responding.

I get the error, when trying to run KupoSetup, that it is not a valid Win32 application. I can't run as admin, there's only one account on the pc, and it's the admin account. Trying to run as other user (admin) returns the password as being incorrect.

@Atomos: PC is fully updated with all sps up until end of support, as well as .net Framework4

Icon

Post by Icon » Fri Sep 01, 2017 4:09 pm

We'll have to do a support session. From what you're saying it sounds like your KupoSetup file is corrupted because if you have the correct file is is a windows executable... You could try extracting the package again but without looking at it I don't really know.

Do you have .NET 4.0 installed?

Also with Win XP you'll have to use 32bit installation so you don't actually need KupoSetup. Unless you're die hard set on playing FFXI on that PC I wouldn't bother installing because we do have plans to stop supporting 32bit at some point in the future.