Dbox login issue

Helpdesk for FFXI issues
Blipsnchitz

Dbox login issue

Post by Blipsnchitz » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:23 pm

I have 2 separate accounts - my main and my dbox. When I check Kupo website I can see that my dbox is showing as currently logged in and active in residential area, even though I'm not playing. When I log in to that Dbox account, and select the character, instead of loading that character, I am logged in to a completely separate account I use for my main character. I can't seem to wrap my head around that because they are two completely separate accounts and when I log in to the Dbox I somehow log into my main which is a totally different username/account/character. Does anyone know what's going on here?

Icon

Re: Dbox login issue

Post by Icon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 7:54 pm

If your character is still online and you're not logged into it then you did not logout properly.

When logging back in you now have two active game sessions: the one in limbo and your new session. The server doesn't know which one you're using. I'd have to look into why the account you get is not the one you're currently logging in with but that's meaningless really. The point is if you logout improperly you should wait until the game server is able to kick your character. If the server does not kick your character within 5 minutes you can ask in IRC for GM help with removal.

If your game is crashing to cause the improper logout then I would highly suggest reviewing our troubleshooting guide: http://kupoffxi.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12

You're welcome to ask in IRC if you continue to have issues after trying to debug yourself.