Failed to initiate instance of polcore!

Come Here To Ask Questions
Kim

Re: Failed to initiate instance of polcore!

Post by Kim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:47 pm

Hello Icon,

Thank you so much for the quick reply.

Yeah, it's really funny... I even tried to reinstall via Kupo into a new folder... I tried windower, and it just crashes when launched. I followed the set-up to the letter, I was able to log in last night (or maybe super early this morning) and then after waking up for work, tried to log in, and this happened.

The reason I re-installed to a new folder, is that I copied the patch files to an external for my husband... he wanted to try and play from the external, rather than installing on his HDD. Only after did we realize that my machine is 64bit Win 8.1, and his is 32bit WinXPsp3.

Please consider I'm not well versed in coding and registry editing, particularly on the newer versions of Windows... XP I'm more familiar with.

Again, thanks for the reply.

Best,
Kim

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 pm

Since you mention you're using two different operating systems which have different install procedures I will need to do a support session to figure out what you have going on.

Kim

Post by Kim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Icon wrote:
Tue Aug 08, 2017 2:50 pm
Since you mention you're using two different operating systems which have different install procedures I will need to do a support session to figure out what you have going on.
To be fair, I'm only concerned about this OS at the moment. My husband is installing on his own machine via the conventional Kupo download/set up route.

I'm not sure what you mean by "doing a support session".

I've deleted the vlock64 file from my computer, and I'm re-extracting it. It's possible some paths were messed up from the file transfer to a different drive. I noticed some of my paths had been changed to D: (for the external) so I'm trying a complete new install.

Thanks again.

Best,
Kim

Icon

Post by Icon » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:06 pm

You can join our IRC channel by following this link: https://kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.ne ... ?#kupoFFXI

In IRC I would give you the information to do a support session where I connect to your PC and fix your install.

Kim

Post by Kim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:30 pm

Oh, I see.

I've never connected to IRC for one, and 2, I'm currently at work, so my attention for this is sporadic at best, which is why I'm just trying the fresh install first. I'm EST, if that helps, and I'll be home after 5pm or so EST, if you can assist at that time.

Thanks!

Best,
Kim

Kim

Post by Kim » Tue Aug 08, 2017 3:54 pm

Hey Icon,

I think I've got it. I believe a clean re-install of the Kuposetup and patch worked, as well as using the shortcut for the "locked" Ashita version.. I believe I may have, in my haste, inadvertently updated my Ashita, which might have caused the issue, combined with the file transfer corrupting some files.
I was just able to log in on my character, I can again if you'd like.

I apologize for a false alarm? Maybe this can help people in the future. One other thing- I unpacked all the vlock64 files in my Downloads folder, then pointed KupoInstall to the correct folder I made for PlayOnline that's NOT in a system file (as per instructions), and dragged the shortcut for the locked Ashita version to my desktop, set to run as administrator, of course.

Maybe this will help others who also have the same issue... I knew it couldn't be much, considering I had just logged in last night.

Thanks for lending me your ears and being there to bounce ideas off of.

Best, and see you in game now!
Kim

Empress

Post by Empress » Wed Aug 09, 2017 5:11 pm

Hello,

I am installing FFXI and stuff on my older laptop so a friend can play when theyre out of town. I received the 'failed to initiate instance of polcore' message. Unfortunately I cant find the 'legacy component' when i try to turn the windows feature on/off. Jw if anyone has any ideas why i don't see this.

Havent used this laptop since 2015. It's a Windows 7 64bit AMD Phenom(tm) II N620 Dual-Core processor 2.80 GHz. I bought it at a pawn shop when I was going to school for studies.

I have also tried to take someone elses direction to update the processor in device manager. I think everything is updated to full now in windows updates etc.

Other steps:
I have provided exceptions in AVG anti virus for kupoffxi folder and stuff.
I also have tried to download the directx9 but i think its already installed.
When i try to google my issue nothing goes beyond 'enable direct play through windows feature' well.... what about when that doesnt show lol.

Thanks!
Empress

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:31 pm

There are only two reasons I know of that this will happen. Either a part of the installation failed or as you have mentioned the directX components required are not installed.

*** before trying anything installation related make sure to run ashita as administrator to make sure there isn't a privilege issue with ashita launching FFXI

If legacy components are not available in the operating system you're on then you should reinstall over the current installation with the kupo installer. Be sure that you're running kupo installer with administrator privileges. If that doesn't work I would need to look at the PC in question to find out what part of the install is failing.

Empress

Post by Empress » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:18 pm

I tried some of your tips and still no go. I'm going to wipe everything and go with a clean install.

Keep you posted
Thank you

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Aug 09, 2017 8:34 pm

You're sure you have DirectX 9 or 9c installed?