Custom Xiloader detailed install instructions

Come Here To Ask Questions
Icon

Re: Custom Xiloader detailed install instructions

Post by Icon » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:05 pm

lambda wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 4:10 am
Is running the game via just xiloader supported, ie no Ashita/Windower at all? My game sometimes crashes and I wanted reduce dependencies. I was able to login using this batch script, but it doesn't look like it's reading the configs I set in C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe. The resolution comes out all 640/480.

I launched it with this:
pol.exe --server kupo.ddns.net --hairpin
You should be able to run the game with just xiloader. When you go back into the config app is the resolution still what you set it to before opening the game?

lambda

Post by lambda » Sun Sep 17, 2017 3:44 pm

Hi Icon, yeah it keeps the settings. I also tried changing them in ToolsEU and Tools, still no go. I also wondered if it had to do with where pol.exe is, I wonder if the only setting that it keeps is the game pad since ashita/windower have custom graphic overrides. I'll test some more.

lambda

Post by lambda » Sun Sep 24, 2017 3:41 pm

A little more testing. None of the ffxi settings, including gamepad, are picked up when I launch with pol.exe (no Windower/Ashita). Looks like I'll need to pick one. Unless there's a trick to getting it to take the settings?

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:23 am

xiloader is the boot loader I wrote for DarkStar to bypass PlayOnline and connect to any server directly. It is generally renamed to pol.exe to ensure all third-party tools will continue to work with it correctly as they all look for 'pol.exe' by name and will not properly see 'xiloader.exe' as being FFXI.

It does not matter where you place the boot loader (pol.exe) file on your system. It reads the games path from your system registry so it can be placed anywhere.

The valid command line params for it are:
--server [server_ip_or_domain_name]
--port [server_port]
--user [username]
--pass [password]
--lang [JP/US/EU or 0/1/2]
--hairpin

--lang is used to set the language that should be used manually. This is mainly used for people that have multiple installs of FFXI for different languages. (ie. a JP client and an NA client.)

--hairpin is used to force the client to use the IP given as --server no matter what. This is not needed for normal players. It is generally used for someone hosting a server at their house and wanting to give access to outside players to connect. The host would use hairpin to force their client to always use their LAN IP instead of allowing the client to inherit the IP stored in the database, which would be their external IP.
  • Ashita Lead Developer

lambda

Post by lambda » Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 am

Hi atom0s! Thanks for chiming in. I'm not entirely sure why it isn't picking up the config settings, but I did try passing in --lang US. Right now pol.exe sitting on my desktop. To reiterate, it's launching the game just fine with standalone pol.exe, but it's just not honoring the settings I'm putting into "C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe"

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Mon Sep 25, 2017 5:41 am

lambda wrote:
Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:41 am
Hi atom0s! Thanks for chiming in. I'm not entirely sure why it isn't picking up the config settings, but I did try passing in --lang US. Right now pol.exe sitting on my desktop. To reiterate, it's launching the game just fine with standalone pol.exe, but it's just not honoring the settings I'm putting into "C:\PlayOnline\SquareEnix\FINAL FANTASY XI\ToolsUS\FINAL FANTASY XI Config.exe"
The boot loader is a partial emulation of PlayOnline, but not all of the internal callbacks have been figured out and implemented. It will pickup some of the basic settings and paths, but not everything is implemented to pickup everything like resolutions and such. Generally it is ideal to use the boot loader with Ashita or Windower and not just by itself.
  • Ashita Lead Developer