Failed to boot game... 3x

Come Here To Ask Questions
Empress

Failed to boot game... 3x

Post by Empress » Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:38 pm

I'm not understanding where the disconnect is. Hopefully others are having the same issue. I'll try to be specific with my issues and the steps I take.

Loading kupo from ashita once in awhile
ashita2s.png
ashita2s.png (43.9 KiB) Viewed 134 times
I get this. It's happened to me three times now.

I understand what it means. It's saying Pol.exe is not in the kupoloader folder. I was just playing the game right now, telling my ls this and it happened again. THe game crashed, I tried logging on, and theres no pol.exe

Although there is one in ffxi-bootloader. (I have tried to change the file location from kupoloader to ffxi-bootmod in ashita, and I will get the windower to load but nothing happens once I enter my username and password)

The first time this happened I was able to switch the pol.exe from ffxi-bootmod to kupoloader folder fine but now I get an administration rights issue. (Yes I go to properties>security> all accounts have full control).

So I try downloading ashita.rar from a link in the forums. Here specifically http://kupoffxi.net/viewtopic.php?f=4&p=1095#p1095 and I have extraction issues because I need permissions again. This is a bit harder to change permissions for. Playing around I was able to somehow copy the new ashita folder in downloads to where I have kupo's main folder located and that worked, once. Now I still get the permission alert.

There's a disconnect and I don't know what it is... any thoughts?

Windows 10 64bit computer.

Thank you.

Empress

Re: Failed to boot game... 3x

Post by Empress » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:48 am

Update.. I can get the game to work with a little elbow grease...

I... did delete some ashita folders, redownloaded a few times, did some computer updates, and restarted.

In the game now...

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:57 pm

There are very few reasons pol.exe would be deleted from your KupoLoader folder. The only reason I can think of if you're not manually deleting it is you have an antivirus running periodically that doesn't like pol.exe and it deletes the file. It sounds like you're not the administrator on your PC if you're having permission issues extracting files which could create problems for you as well. I would start with whitelisting pol.exe in your antivirus to stop the random deletions.

I'd be happy to take a look with you sometime when we're both on IRC. The weekend will be the easiest time to catch me with enough time to debug.

Empress

Post by Empress » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:49 pm

Thank you, ls mate mentioned about that too so I added exceptions through avast. Now I added some exceptions for public/private network with windows firewall.

Thank you for the tip.
As far as administrator concerns go, I am but I do switch between public/private networks. Which I've updated that now for pol.exe for windows firewall. I only have one user account but when I go to change security rights for kupoloader folder for example I will have three 'accounts' all have full control. I wonder if it's an update that started this because I was fine for the last two months or so :).

WIll keep you posted, hopefully this helps someone else @.@