BCNM 40 Under Observation Video

If you have a strategy for an FFXI fight you'd like to share post it here.
Grahf

BCNM 40 Under Observation Video

Post by Grahf » Thu Apr 20, 2017 2:30 pm

Check it out. Fun times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=US_w9mddeaE

Successful run of the BCNM 40 Under Observation on a private server. Can't believe we pulled this off. It's a hard one but we pulled if off after a lot of discussion over strategy, one failed attempt, and lots of gil spent at the AH on gear and food. Pulling off what seems impossible makes FFXI addictive.

Party: Miang as BST/WHM, Blu as RDM/NIN, and Grahf as MNK/WAR

Strategy: Enter BCNM. Miang calls pet. Buff and food then rest to full MP. Buffs include protect, shell, barfira, blink, etc. I should have used boost a bunch of times but didn't. Didn't initiate the fight until Miang has jug cooldown reset.

Blu started the fight by silencing one of the smaller eyes. I voked the other one and we both ran down the ramp. Miang solod the Sobbing Eyes with Fungars where they initally spawned. Blu slept one of the compound eyes while I solod the other one. Blu healed me and enfeebled the eye I fought while kitting the other compound eye with bind, stoneskin, etc. I just stood there and prayed for counters and my hits to land. Miang finished the Sobbing Eyes first. After that Blu took the compound eye he was kiting to Miang. After Miang had aggro Blu was smart enough to return to me and save me with cures. No two hours were used in this fight.

In hindsight, at 7:05, I should have brought my compound eye, which was about dead to Miang, while Blu continued to kite his

Big shout out to Miang and Blu for somehow making this happen. They probably know more about how to win than I do. Checkout my lucky counter at 8:15 :D

Miang

Re: BCNM 40 Under Observation Video

Post by Miang » Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:34 am

It's fascinating watching it from this perspective, good job!

Also, I still have your second Ice Spikes scroll, tell me when you want to pick it up!

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:23 pm

What level was your Guard in this video? It seemed like it proc'd so much. Good job!

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:46 pm

My guard skill is 105

Elgorian

Post by Elgorian » Sat Apr 22, 2017 10:11 pm

I know they reworked guard in retail also. We might be using newer guard mechanics because in era it was useless.

anofrei

Post by anofrei » Sun Sep 17, 2017 1:15 am

The best strat i ever used for this was 2 bst and a rdm, the rdm kited the big eye while the 2 bst used funguar jug pets to burn the other eyes down, then when they were both dead the bst ganged up on the main eye, its a safe strat, it can be done with 3 bst as well, having one bst kite the main eye using a tiger jug pet.

You can do this with 2 blms and a rdm as well, but you would need yag drinks, same as doing it with 3 blms and all spamming aeroga.