Bazaar Hub

A marketplace for players!
Gweivyth

Bazaar Hub

Post by Gweivyth » Sat Jun 24, 2017 12:59 pm

Hey everyone,

I'm sure you all remember that there were certain "hubs" where everybody set up their bazaars over night, do we have a spot like that here yet? On Gilgamesh our big spots were Rollanberry Fields and Southern San d'Oria.

Peroroncino

Re: Bazaar Hub

Post by Peroroncino » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:31 pm

Rolanberry was the spot most player chosed and become popular due to bazaar taxes! Not sure if there's any tax in here but i'm pretty sure a spot will soon pop!! some private server setted up a specific zone for that (Ex, Nasomi server transformed the cocobo circuit into a bazaar zone) and i'm pretty sure that would be a really worth metod since it's a zone accessible from a lot of different points! We will see, devs are doin an impressive job, fixing a tons of different things every week! Something will pop up soon!!!

Fargason

Post by Fargason » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:46 pm

Mobs don't despawn when zoned here so that makes an outside zone bazaar difficult.

I vote to make Windy a bazaar hub! Bastok hurts my eyeballs and Sandy hurts my earballs.

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:05 am

Fargason wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:46 pm
Mobs don't despawn when zoned here so that makes an outside zone bazaar difficult.
I don't remember that being an issue when I played, Rollanberry was still the spot. I quit before mobs despawned so idk what caused Rollanberry to work despite that. Maybe because the zoneline is so wide?

Scott

Post by Scott » Mon Jul 03, 2017 7:41 pm

Gweivyth wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2017 4:05 am
Fargason wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:46 pm
I don't remember that being an issue when I played, Rollanberry was still the spot. I quit before mobs despawned so idk what caused Rollanberry to work despite that. Maybe because the zoneline is so wide?
Rolanberry was the spot because there was tax in Jeuno (removed in a later patch). You could get MPK'd and you did get MPK'd before the despawn patch.

atom0s

Post by atom0s » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:57 am

On retail people used outside zones of Jeuno cause of the tax. Prior to the mob depop patch, people would get mpk'd while afking overnight. Granted, it depended on your server for how often and such that this would happen since GMs were actually active at that point in the game and did ban people for doing it. After the mob despawn patch, the only real way to still mpk people was to drag HNMs such as Simurgh or Roc to the zone line, depending on what zone your server used, and kill people with that. But since they were consistently killed mobs, it was a rare to see thing. SE has removed the tax altogether though so most people chill out in Ru'Lude now on retail.

For the various servers I played on during my retail times, Roland was the most popular of the zones used.
  • Ashita Lead Developer