Playing together

Looking for exp party, NM help, questing help, you name it! Setup a group to do something fun!
Venrymel

Playing together

Post by Venrymel » Sun May 28, 2017 7:54 am

Ideally, six of us could get together on something like a weekly basis. Perhaps more often.

Below is how I'd most prefer to play, hopefully you have some ideas that will sound good to me and we can compromise.

1] Everyone is an individual with their own objectives during the game.
2] The group of us will always party up when we are online together
3] Each time the group is formed (and, on days we agree, by a certain time), the players will use /random to decide party leader and/or immediate objectives. I expect group activities to involve battle, but of course we can craft if everybody wants.
4] It's alright if your playtime varies and you have a job beyond static, so long as you're willing to Sync or keep a job(s) of comparable levels to others.
5] The battles and the strategy deduction are the fun for me, so please don't expect others to have read exactly how best to accomplish success at a quest or boss fight, but do point out if you happen to notice a particularly bad method occurring. (Depending on how many of us it might be, and how dedicated and consistent we believe we'll be, we can specifically plan which and for how long to level various jobs. Dual-boxing gives us a way to bolster our numbers early on and the NPC Fellow will help, later. I do not expect everyone to Dual-box, but I believe the NPC Fellow is too beneficial to pass up when we can acquire them.)
6] I will be using Google/Sheets to help us coordinate playtime and character progress.
Link: ファイナルファンタジーXI
(Japanese is a casual hobby of mine. I like linguistics.)
You will see I have the basics of my intention demonstrated on the Sheets. There are tabs at the bottom with individual titles. You'll see one for future availability and one for character development (unless I've had a reason to add more). Anyone can make comments on the Sheets. I encourage discussion and suggestions. When we get a group going, I will share access to editing.

I hope our interests are similar enough.

Guedj

Re: Playing together

Post by Guedj » Sun May 28, 2017 6:18 pm

Does NPC fellow work here?

Venrymel

Post by Venrymel » Sun May 28, 2017 8:19 pm

I expect so. I'm talking about the one you get through a series of quests in Jeuno that's been available since way back (before ToAU, when I started) and has a repeatable quest inside the crags.

I've heard retail has more recent NPC fellos in the multitude, but I'm not referring to them.

jamiehavok

Post by jamiehavok » Sun May 28, 2017 8:39 pm

As far as i know adventuring fellows aren't available here, they're not coded on dsp so the devs here would need to implement them from scratch.

Venrymel

Post by Venrymel » Mon May 29, 2017 2:49 am

Ah. Bummer. Thank you.