A Boy's Dream Quest

Bugs that have been fixed.
Grahf

A Boy's Dream Quest

Post by Grahf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 12:49 am

Im unable to complete the quest named in the topic for PLD AF Feet. Zaldon in Selbina wont take the item Odontotyrannus. I can trade it to the boy in Northern Sandoria and he tells me to take it to Zaldon but, again, Zaldon wont take it.

Yidoshi

Re: A Boy's Dream Quest

Post by Yidoshi » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:41 am

There is a quest that interferes with this quest. If you have "Under the Sea" active, you will need to complete that quest before you can complete the AF quest. The only problem is that you need to be able to fish in order to complete "Under the Sea," so you might be stuck until fishing is implemented. Unless a GM is willing to offer an alternative fix for this. Good luck.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:01 am

Also try talking to Novalmange or whatever the boys fathers name is. Many people forget this step. If you've tried all this and still stuck since the step you're describing is usually when people haven't talked to his father in sandoria then we will look further into it

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:03 pm

When I talk to the father in the weapons shop he tells me hes going to sell all his weapons and hes going to take his son fishing. The boy, Ailbeche, tells me go take the big one to Selbina to get it cleaned. If I trade him a giant shll bug I get a CS. I've talked to the son, father, and Zaldon in Selbina various times in various orders.

Zaldon wont do anything when I trade him the fish.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:43 pm

Either whatever you've done has advanced the quest or you have the quest "Under the Sea" in your active quests because your character data says you need to turn in the fish to Zaldon. Please try doing so if you don't have "Under the Sea" active.

I've made a wiki post about this quest so any future questions should be answered: http://kupoffxi.wikia.com/wiki/A_Boy%27s_Dream

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:55 pm

Thanks for the replies. I just tried to trade the fish. No response from Zaldon. I do have "Under the Sea" in my quest log. Is there a way for me to drop that quest? Then maybe Zaldon will take the fish for the PLD AF quest.

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:50 pm

I don't think my issue is performing the right steps in the right order.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:14 pm

I will have to remove Under the Sea from your quest log. We will disable the ability to get this quest.