Unable to use items: HIGH

Bugs that have been fixed.
LittleTaru

Unable to use items: HIGH

Post by LittleTaru » Sun Jun 04, 2017 9:46 pm

Today, while in party, when I tried to use my normal GINGER COOKIES to mp heal... I kept getting message "You are unable to use item". a couple of people in our LS said they had that happen.. to just re-log and it would go away. I did, it went away... only to return 3 cookies later. Re-log again.. and once again message began to appear that I was unable to use the item:Ginger Cookies. This happened a total of 4 times before I gave up and just stopped using ginger cookies. I noticed at the same time that my Empress band was glitching (the item has been replaced and I will hold off using it) I would use the band and the exp status would appear... we would kill 2 mobs and the status would fall off. I thought perhaps I miscounted our kills .. maybe I we had killed... I popped again.. counted... 2 kills.. status fell off.

I know of 2 other people who had the Unable to Use Item issue.. have not spoken to anyone else who has had the exp band issue.

Jones

Re: Unable to use items: HIGH

Post by Jones » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:44 pm

Just experienced the cookie bug myself. I was using them just fine until a Darksteel Quadav cast Holy on me and the graphics glitched a bit. After that, I was unable to use the food item.

Jones

Post by Jones » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:52 am

As an update, I was able to use food again upon zoning.

Icon

Post by Icon » Mon Jun 05, 2017 2:47 am

I ate all your cookies, that's why you can't use them. jk we'll look into it. You can continue using items as you can, sorry for the inconvenience.

Gweivyth

Post by Gweivyth » Mon Jun 05, 2017 12:07 pm

I've also experienced this bug multiple times in the past, it seems to happen after using an item, but then moving before the item activates. Most commonly this has happened to me with Scroll of Instant Warp, although I've had it happen with food occasionally as well.

Servo

Post by Servo » Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:19 pm

This bug happened to me when my macro screwed it up.

Example: I made a eat a cookie and rest macro, I screwed it up and only put <wait1> instead of <wait4> with <wait1>, my character glitched out and I couldn't eat cookies until I rezoned.

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm

Are you still having these issues with usable items?

Zuri

Post by Zuri » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:44 pm

Icon wrote:
Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:24 pm
Are you still having these issues with usable items?
Not 100% sure if this is the same issue LT is describing, but there is still an issue where items become unusable until zoning/relogging if you cancel the activation by resting.

i.e. Start to use instant warp, cancel it with /heal, and when you get up all activatable items such as scrolls/food/exp bands will say "Unable to use that item." until you zone or relog. It seems the issue does not occur if you interrupt the item activation by running away rather than resting.