Curses, Foiled A-Golem?!

Bugs that have been fixed.
Grahf

Curses, Foiled A-Golem?!

Post by Grahf » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:06 am

I am unable to complete the quest in the title of the post. I've talked to all three NPCs involved in the quest multiple times in many different orders.

Shantotto tells me to go to Rukususu in Beaucedine Glacer. I go there and speak to Torino-Samarino and I can't remember what he says but he doesnt give me the key item Shantotto's New Spell. I go to Fei Yin and speak to Rukususu and he gives me a cutscene unrelated to this quest and tells me to go back to the team in Beaucedine Glacer. Spoken to them all about three times each.

Not sure what to do

Icon

Re: Curses, Foiled A-Golem?!

Post by Icon » Tue Jul 04, 2017 2:42 pm

Unfortunately it is very hard if not impossible to tell what the problem is if you're not using our version of FFXI due to NPC responses being different. This quest is working properly on our server and the NPC in Fei Yin will give you the proper cs if you have the keyitem.

From looking at your characters data it looks like you've already done this quest at some point because a wait timer on when you can receive the keyitem has been set. If not you might check if you have the keyitem Shantoto's ex-spell

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:51 am

Thanks for the reply Icon. The quest is in my active quest list and not in my completed quest list. The key item Shantoto's ex-spell is intersting. When I talk to the NPCs in Beaucedine Glacier they take the key item. When I speak to them the following game day they give it back to me. Not sure if I'm supposed to have the key item when I go to Fei Yin or not but I probably spoke to the NPC in Fei Yin when I had the key item and when I didnt have it.

Icon

Post by Icon » Wed Jul 05, 2017 11:55 pm

If you click on the cerment door in Fei-Yin with the key item Shantoto's new spell in your key items this will trigger the cutscene and then you can return to windurst for the scroll.

Grahf

Post by Grahf » Thu Jul 06, 2017 1:26 am

I've never get the key item Shantotto's New Spell when I talk to the NPC in Beaucidine Glacier. That NPC will do one of two things, take a key item or give a key item (I think it's called ex spell or old spell.)