Loot pushed directly to inventory

Found A Bug?
azakren

Loot pushed directly to inventory

Post by azakren » Fri Nov 03, 2017 5:20 am

There was an issue in sky with one kill where there was more loot that dropped than there were slots in the loot pool. This forced drops into a players inventory. This can result in lost loot if it auto's to a player who has a full inventory, or if the item in question forced from the loot pool is rare/ex and the player it is forced to has the item that item will be lost.

The scenario in which this happened was Suzaku. We ended up with double abjuration drops x2(I'm assuming abjuration drops have since been fixed) and 2x sirens hairs and one hair force auto'd to an alliance member. If there were a lucky case of 2x of 2 abjurations and crystal/seal drops its possible that if you get 2x sirens hair also something will be force auto'd.

possible solution?: We saw a crystal/beast seal and kindred seal in the loot pool at gods, remove beast/kindred seals and crystals from gods, that would free up at least a couple slots. I think the abjuration pool we had was a severe case of luck and wont be seen much, nevertheless it happened so this is an issue that might present itself in the future. (possibly already resolved)
It does what its told, or it gets the hose.

Icon

Re: Loot pushed directly to inventory

Post by Icon » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:41 pm

The issue with abjuration drop slots has already been fixed but the total loot pool still needs to be looked into

Moogle8990

Post by Moogle8990 » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 am

Didn't this happen in retail? I thought SE had it so non-ex items just dropped first just for this case.

And according to wiki:

There is a maximum number of items which may be held in the treasure pool at any given time. Once this number is reached, the items will be forced out prematurely. The order in which these items are forced out is generally oldest first, though all non-Exclusive items will be forced out before exclusive items.

http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Treasure_Pool

beauxq

Post by beauxq » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:44 pm

The problem is that loot doesn't follow the same dropping rules as retail.

On this server, when it's time for an item to be distributed, the server just randomly picks one of the players in the alliance and tries to give them the item. If they can't hold it (full inventory or rare), then the item is lost.

On retail, the server would only pick from the players that can hold the item. The item only gets lost if there are no players in the alliance that can hold the item.

I haven't looked at the structure for the code on this, but I can imagine that it might be difficult to get the correct retail behavior, because the core might need to have information about the player's inventory in memory at the time the loot drops (without doing a database query).

Either that, or the item gets pushed back to the core after the database says no, and the core keeps a list of players it tried to give the item to, and the item is lost when that list is the same size as the alliance list.

But like I said, I haven't looked at the code for this, so this brainstorming might not even be useful.