How to check earlier versions of a wiki page

Found A Bug?
Elgorian

How to check earlier versions of a wiki page

Post by Elgorian » Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:33 pm

Hey!

This isn't a bug but I thought this might be helpful tool for people that are posting bugs.

For those that are unaware you are able to view previous versions of pages on ffxiclopedia!
In order to do this you want to click the down arrow next to the "Edit this page" and select "History"
After doing this you will want to scroll down to the bottom and hit the button that says earliest.
Scroll all the way down to the bottom again and you'll be able to select the earliest version of that page on wiki.
After doing this you can then hit "Newer" version until you get to one that has the information you need. This is a great way to figure out era vs non-era npc resale prices and old mission level caps etc.

You can then just copy the URL and it will link to that version of the page as well.

ex: http://ffxiclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Jour ... id=1099603

Below is a video I created to visually walk you through the process. (You'll notice that after I hit "newest" a few times I went ahead and skipped to the page I wanted since I'd already found it prior to making the video but you get the idea)

https://youtu.be/gkK_FDBrDS4

Servo

Re: How to check earlier versions of a wiki page

Post by Servo » Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:58 pm

Thanks!

Kinda funny if you think about it.

Here we are in 2017 and we're trying to, on purpose, to find all the old outdated content from 2002-2005. I was looking up old BST guides and some of the old logic of that era cracks me up. I saw a BST kite strategy for Kirin.
Servo: 61 RDM | 58 WHM | 55 BST | 37 BLM
Angelic: 65 PLD | 37 WAR
11/28/2017

Totema

Re: How to check earlier versions of a wiki page

Post by Totema » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:55 pm

It'd be great if we could compile 2003-era game info, and build a Kupo-friendly wiki out of it.