Japanese IME in FFXI under Windows 10?

Non-English Forum
Zuri

Japanese IME in FFXI under Windows 10?

Post by Zuri » Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:42 am

Has anyone been able to get the Japanese IME working in FFXI under Windows 10?

The IME plugin in Windower doesn't seem to play nicely with either the Microsoft or Google IME, and the old methods for changing system locale don't seem to apply anymore. (There's no longer a "default language for non-Unicode applications" option, and Microsoft's AppLocale tool won't run at all in Win10.) A quick Google search pulls up a third-party tool called Locale Emulator, but I couldn't get that working either.

The closest I've been able to get is temporarily enabling Google's IME on the English client, but it only outputs question marks the first time you use it, then switches back to English after confirming input.

I haven't tried enabling IME in Ashita yet, as I've had issues with Ashita in the past, but if anyone can confirm that it's working there I may give it another shot.

atom0s

Re: Japanese IME in FFXI under Windows 10?

Post by atom0s » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:16 am

I haven't personally tested the IME addon in a while, but it appears to be working still. My Windows 10 machine doesn't have the appropriate language packs installed to test it entirely, but the needed pointers and such are still all valid and loads fine. So I would say it should be ok.

If you have issues with Ashita, feel free to get in touch with me on Discord in the Ashita channel here. I'm always around usually.
https://discord.gg/CfZu6Ya
  • Ashita Lead Developer